Working amongst a passionate and high performing team, you will be responsible for seeking Philanthropic donations from Major Givers, Trusts, Foundations and Corporate Partners for our programs and services including a capital fundraising program we are commencing this year. We strongly prefer a candidate with major donor and philanthropic experience, with a strong business development background.
In this role you will be required to:
- Achieve individual income target by focusing on high-value private funding opportunities; designated and undesignated.
- Develop and maintain a 12 month rolling sales plan.
- Market scoping, research and prospecting activities (internal – mass supporter base and external).
- Maintain all account base information regarding supporters and prospects, including account details, account (pipeline-) value, opportunities, confidence ratings, account and activity planning, communications and results reporting.
- Achieve the overall Fundraising and Marketing team revenue target by leveraging opportunities in the mass fundraising / community fundraising space and actively collaborating on lead- and partner engagement opportunities.
To be successful in this rewarding role you will be:
- Results and solutions driven with a great focus on client service and satisfaction.
- 5-8 years’ experience in a sales role, preferably in a fundraising, sponsoring or community services environment.
- Experienced in building strong and robust relationships.
- Excellent with verbal and written communication and with a good command of Microsoft Office.
- A team player with strong work ethic, a positive attitude, a high degree of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, outstanding presentation and negotiation skills.
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check if you haven’t completed one in the last 12 months.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted childcare rates with participating centers
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counseling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private