Would you like to work for a leading housing services provider? If you are looking for a career-enhancing role with a friendly and professional work environment where your contribution is valued then we would love to hear from you!
Unison is a not for profit organisation that provides a diverse range of housing services across Victoria and in Adelaide, including social housing, affordable housing, private rental, transitional housing and owners’ corporation services.
We believe that affordable housing is the foundation on which to build a life of value, but that a good life takes more than just housing. A good life takes place in a community.
We provide affordable housing, and work to reduce disadvantage and social exclusion for people who have previously been homeless, by helping to create communities around them. Unison also assists over 3000 people each year who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
About the role
The Intake Assessment and Planning (IAP) Worker provides high quality initial assessment and planning services to people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness and work in close collaboration with other agencies and housing providers.
This role reports to Senior Workers and IAP Manager and focuses on assisting individuals and families in housing crisis through conducting assessments, provision of information and referrals, with follow up and financial support where appropriate. The IAP worker will work as part of a close team delivering front-line IAP services and long-term housing in line with organisational values and policies.
Last year we assisted 6,000 people, 50% born overseas.
To fill this position, we are seeking staff who:
- has experience in housing or homelessness support and qualifications in a relevant discipline
- can adopt a flexible, responsive approach to assist individuals and families to achieve positive outcomes.
- is empathetic, committed, reliable, positive, respectful and a values-led person
- has the skills and experience to work effectively and sensitively with a diverse clients, in crisis and / or on a low income, including people with complex and mental health needs and families.
- will contribute to the delivery of high quality service to people in housing crisis.
- Ongoing Full time x 2 positions
- One position at Werribee and one position at Seddon
- Salary $68,290.56 (plus super, NFP salary packaging and 17.5% leave loading)
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Free on-site parking at Seddon
For a full Position Description and instructions on how to apply, please visit the careers page of our website. www.unison.org.au
Please send your application addressing the key selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 5th December 2018
Contact: Rob Cavill
Contact phone: 0404 561 790
Unison is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTI community and those living with a disability to apply.