As the People & Places Coordinator your aim will be to increase the social and economic participation for tenants and the communities in which they live; planning, coordinating and delivering community development and tenant engagement initiatives, activities and events.
Key to your success in this role will be your ability to use your strong relationship building skills to engage with tenants. Likewise, your ability to communicate in a supportive and collaborative manner will be highly valued in assisting tenants to engage and connect with their community. Additionally, you will support those living with complex needs to create sustainable tenancies by improving access to relevant services through strengthened interagency links and referral pathways to better connect tenants with service providers.
Our ideal candidate will possess a sound understanding of Community Development and Engagement Principles and experience in planning, implementing, evaluating community development program and projects that enhance tenant social and economic participation.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a passionate, highly motivated team focused on delivering service excellence and to make a difference to both clients and our community.
- Degree or relevant tertiary qualifications (Social Work, Community Services or lesser qualification complemented by relevant experience) – essential
- Understanding of Community Development and Engagement Principles – essential
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate responses to clients with behaviours that demonstrate high and complex needs – essential
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and evaluate Community development programs and projects – essential
- Ability to prioritise workload, use initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
How To Apply:
To apply for this role please click here. You will be directed to fill out a series of questions and attach your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
The Position Description is available via the above link. For further confidential enquires contact Jo Wilson, Team Leader People & Places on 8275 8700.
Applications close: Sunday the 10th of February, 2019.
Junction Australia promotes a Child Safe Environment. We encourage applicants of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent or other cultures to apply.