• Flexible work hours
• Ability to travel
The work environment:
The Community Housing Industry Association (CHIA) is the peak industry body for Australia’s community housing industry, which provides one in five of Australia’s social housing properties.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative and knowledgeable Business Manager who is committed to supporting the growth of a well-performing community housing industry. You will be working with an experienced CEO and Board and can expect to be involved in wide-ranging and important work with the opportunity to engage a host of key players within the housing field.
While the office is small, it is a dynamic and supportive working environment! The CEO is rarely office-based, and the Business Manager will have a critical role to play in ensuring the organisation achieves its aims. The Business Manager will have a high degree of autonomy in managing their workload and will be required to work without direct day-to-day supervision. That said, there will be considerable opportunities to work in partnership with other organisations, and this will be encouraged.
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Financial management and meeting the overall administrative needs of the organisation. This position will also provide high-level administrative support to the CEO
• Overseeing the day-to-day running of the small office; managing contracts for accounting services, IT systems, and office services. This also includes governance tasks such as arranging meetings, distributing papers and taking minutes
• Project coordination: managing key projects and initiatives to ensure CHIA meets deadlines and quality standards
• Events management as well as stakeholder and member liaison. A key aspect of the post will be expanding CHIA membership numbers
The Business Manager will work autonomously, and the position description may be varied to reflect changing organisational priorities.
Key skills, attributes and experience required:
• Experience in project coordination and management; events coordination; data management and data entry; and financial management and financial reporting (budgets and report interpretation)
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to provide high-level administrative support
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to demonstrate initiative
• Ability to meet targets and work independently
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Experience working with databases, as well as WordPress, MailChimp or similar software
• Experiencing working in the Australian Community Housing sector
• Tertiary degree in relevant discipline
To apply online, please contact Alyssa Mulray at email@example.com,
Closing date Wednesday 17th July